Policy on the Protection of
The philosophy of LUMINE Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) is to be “the Life Value Presenter-creating delight beyond your expectations”. As an operator of shopping centers, the Company recognizes the protection of personal information as a critical theme of the Company and ensures every employee knows it is essential to practice the Policy.
1. Dealing with personal information
In dealing with personal information, the Company collects, uses and provides personal information carefully and appropriately under a management system established for protecting personal information according to the nature of business.
2. Ensuring the accuracy and safety of personal information
In order to ensure the accuracy and safety of personal information, the Company refrains from using personal information for any purpose other than the intended purpose, and takes measures to ensure personal information is not used for any such purposes. In addition, the Company takes reasonable safety measures from information technology and management organization perspectives to ensure the prevention of unauthorized access to, as well as loss, damage, infringement, leakage, etc. of personal information, while being ready to rectify the situation promptly when necessary.
3. Compliance with codes, laws, and regulations
In order to ensure the protection of personal information, the Company complies with personal information-related laws and regulations, guidelines and other codes specified by the government.
4. Claims and consultation regarding dealing with personal information
The Company appropriately responds to any claims and consultations regarding dealing with personal information in a prompt and sincere manner.
5. Continuous improvement of the Personal Information Protection Management System
The Company reviews the Personal Information Protection Management System periodically, and makes improvements continuously to keep the system at its best.
- LUMINE Co., Ltd.
- Teruyuki Omote, President & CEO
About the Privacy Mark
In June 2006, the Company obtained the Privacy Mark which is granted by Japan Information Processing Development Center (currently JIPDEC) to companies that deal with personal information in a proper manner.
Purpose of using personal information
When the Company obtains personal information, it will notify or publicize the purpose of use in an appropriate manner. The purposes for which the Company obtains and uses personal information are as follows.
1. Customer information
- (1) To process applications for LUMINE CARD and other operations that are outsourced by View Card Co., Ltd.
- (2) To dispatch direct mail and other notifications of various services
- (3) To respond to customers' opinions and requests which are posted to the Voice of Customers Box placed inside individual stores or via the inquiry form of this site
- (4) To deliver a gift to prizewinners selected in a lottery for various campaigns
- (5) To process the operation of customer management, product delivery, settlement of payment, and distribution of mail magazines, and conduct events, campaigns, questionnaires and other beneficial programs, etc. in iLUMINE and the Lifestyle Business
- (6) To promote sales activities including the research and analysis of iLUMINE and Lifestyle Business marketing data and advertisement delivery, etc.
- (7) To make notifications regarding matters necessary for operating the site of iLUMINE and the Lifestyle Business
- (8) Customer management, product shipment, payment settlement, and contact regarding products and services for the LUMINE Card online payment service via the ONE LUMINE app
- (9) Contacting customers as necessary for the operation of the LUMINE Card online payment service via the ONE LUMINE app
2. Business partners' information
- (1) To conduct operations appropriately and smoothly in order to pursue the purpose of the Company's business
3. Recruitment and employee information
- (1) To process operations regarding screening and acceptance procedures
- (2) To manage employee labor
4. Specific personal information
- (1) To manage employee labor
- (2) To conduct operations of the employee shareholding association and the employee saving schemes
- (3) To prepare and submit a statutory payment record, etc.
- (4) To provide services other than the above which are specified by the My Number Act
Method of making complaints or requests for disclosure, correction, cessation of utilization, and consultation, etc.
To make a request for notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition or deletion of content, suspension of use, erasure, or suspension of provision to third parties (hereinafter referred to as “Request for Disclosure, etc.”), or for complaints and consultations, regarding personal data in our possession or records provided to third parties, please contact the following. We will guide you through the necessary procedures. If you want to request disclosure, etc. via electromagnetic methods, please state so when making your request. In principle, your request will be processed in accordance with your wishes. Please note that a handling fee of 600 yen will be charged for any requests for notification of purpose of use or disclosure of personal data.
Contact inquiring about personal information or requesting disclosure, correction, cessation of utilization, etc.East Japan Railway Company Headquarters Building 10F, 2-2-2 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 151-0053
Privacy Management Office, LUMINE Co., Ltd.
(Business hours: 9:30–18:00 (except Saturdays, Sundays, national and New Year holidays)
Accredited Personal Information Protection Organization
The Company is recognized as an accredited personal information protection organization.
Complaints regarding our dealing with personal information can also submitted to:
Personal Information Protection Claim Office of JIPTECAddress:
12th floor, Roppongi First Building, 1-9-9 Roppongi , Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-0032
[Inquiries about our products and services shall be submitted to a predetermined contact]
Handling of Information on the Website
1.About Google Analytics
Google Analytics can be disabled in your browser’s add-on settings. To do so, you can download and install the “Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on” from the Google Opt-Out Add-on Download Page below and change the add-on settings in your browser.
The Company’s website also collects data using Google Signals. With Google Signals, website visitation data is collected by Google Analytics and correlated with the logged-in user’s Google account information in a manner that does not personally identify users. (However, only users who have agreed to be linked for the purpose of customizing their ads are eligible for linking.)
2. About social plugins
Some social networking services (SNS) may automatically receive user IDs, accessed websites, and other information from websites with SNS “buttons” without the user having to press the button.
*Cookies are a function that stores browsing information when a customer accesses a website or service on their device (PC, smartphone, etc.). It is not possible to identify any customer’s personal information from the Cookie Information.
1) Purposes of Use of Cookie Information
The Company’s website uses Cookie Information and the results of its analysis (hereinafter referred to as “Statistical Information”) for the following purposes. Statistical Information does not contain information that could be used to identify a specific customer (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number, etc.).
a. To statistically analyze customer usage history of the Company’s website and utilize the information to improve the website’s convenience, etc.
b. To individually customize for each customer the information displayed on the Company’s website
c. To distribute the Company’s advertisements on websites managed by the Company and third parties affiliated with the Company’s website
2) Use of Advertisement Distribution Services
The Company may provide Statistical Information about its website to the following advertisement distribution service providers to whom distribution of advertisements is outsourced, for the purpose of displaying the Company’s advertisements on the websites of other companies. You may opt out of the delivery of advertisements by advertisement distribution service providers by following the opt-out procedures on their respective opt-out pages.
|Main Advertisement Distribution Service Providers||Advertisement Distribution Service Provider Privacy Policies||Opting Out|
3) Cookie & Web Beacon Settings
Details of the system for handling personal information and measures being taken
1) Formulation of basic policy
In order to ensure proper handling of personal data, a “Policy on the Protection of Personal Information”, regarding compliance with relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, etc. and contact information for handling questions and complaints, has been established.
2) Development of discipline regarding the handling of personal data
Personal information protection rules have been established regarding handling methods, responsible persons/persons in charge and their duties, etc. for each stage of handling, including acquisition, use, storage, provision, and deletion/disposal.
3) Organizational security management measures
(1) In addition to appointing persons responsible for the handling of personal data, the Company makes clear which employees can handle personal data and the scope of personal data handled by such employees, and has established a system for reporting to the persons responsible in the event that facts or signs of violations of the law or handling regulations have been discovered.
(2) Periodic self-inspections are conducted on the status of personal data handling, as are audits by other departments and outside parties.
4) Human security management measures
(1) Regular training to employees regarding points to note concerning the handling of personal data is being carried out.
(2) Matters concerning confidentiality of personal data are described in the work regulations.
5) Physical security management measures
(1) In the areas where personal data is handled, the Company controls the entry and exit of employees, restricts equipment and other items that can be brought in, and takes measures to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing personal data.
(2) Measures are taken to prevent the theft, loss, etc. of equipment, electronic media, documents, etc. that handle personal data, and measures are taken to prevent personal data from being easily discovered when such equipment, electronic media, etc. are carried, including within the work site.
6) Technical safety management measures
(1) Access controls are implemented to limit the scope of persons in charge and the personal information databases, etc. to be handled.
(2) Mechanisms are in place to protect information systems that handle personal data from unauthorized external access or unauthorized software.